FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!
Vienna, July 31, 2018 – Viennese indie developer Lost in the Garden is launching their futuristic racing game Lightfield HYPER Edition on Steam today (14.99 USD/14,99 EUR/ 11.99 GBP with a launch discount of 20%).
The game combines free flying, classical racing and parkour trick gameplay into a highly unique package. The key element in this abstract racer is that players can attach their ships to any surface to go faster. This can also be walls and ceilings which opens up fully omnidirectional gameplay.
Besides the classical modes, Lightfield HYPER Edition also features a campaign mode, a new trick system and photo mode. The game supports up to 6 players in online multiplayer and up to 4 players in local splitscreen multiplayer.
The game is releasing today on July 31, 2018 at 8am PDT/11am EDT/5pm CEST The dev team will host a launch stream on the Steam store page starting at the same time:
The HYPER Edition update will also come to PS4 and Xbox as a free patch in the coming days.
About the game:
Lightfield HYPER Edition is a creative exploration racer, in which you discover futuristic racing tracks and leave the boundaries behind in parkour-inspired precision racing.
Lightfield encourages players to utilise every aspect of their surroundings as they master their anti-gravity spaceships, scaling walls, sci-fi skyscrapers, ceilings and more to find the perfect racing line. Explore the worlds beyond the track boundaries and lose yourself in the aesthetics of the striking environments, abstract architecture and futuristic soundscapes of the hard-hitting electronic soundtrack by Zanshin.
The new HYPER Edition features solo play, online multiplayer and a couch split-screen mode. Moreover, it features a host of new content, from new a new campaign to an all-new trick system, a photo mode and stunning enhanced visuals.
- EXPLORE, SPIN, SOAR: Utilise your anti-gravity ship to traverse any surface you see as you seek the perfect racing line
- A RACE LIKE NO OTHER: Combine thoughtful track exploration with skillful tricks and smooth cruising as you cruise through your hyper-futuristic surrounds
- TAKE IT ALL IN: Let the stunning sci-fi aesthetics wash over you as you drift through abstract architecture in your race to the top
- DIFFERENT GAME MODES: Choose from three hypnotic game modes: campaign, multiplayer and the photo mode
- MULTIPLAYER: Compete in online 6 player races or play in local multiplayer splitscreen for up to 4 players
- SINK INTO THE SOUNDS: Tune in to the dreamlike beats of the soundtrack carefully crafted by Viennese electronic musician Zanshin
- NEW HYPER EDITION FEATURES: Packed full of new content, from new campaign and competitive local multiplayer modes to an all-new trick system and stunning visuals.
- WIR SPRECHEN AUCH DEUTSCH: fully localised in more than 12 languages (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Russian).
About Lost in the Garden:
Lost in the garden is a small 4 person indie studio based in Vienna, Austria. Matthias, Julia, Raimund and Simon founded the studio 2.5 years ago to follow their passion and to work on games they love.