Lost in the Garden GmbH
Based in Vienna, Austria
LIGHTFIELD is a hyperfuturistic omnidirectional racing game. It is a crossover between classical arcade racing and free flying. You can fly around the tracks freely, but 'snapping' to any nearby surface spins the ship around and gives you an extra speed boost. The tracks are progressively more winding and complex, continually challenging you to find and perfect your lines for both speed and style. The game is further defined by its abstract art style and level architecture. It draws inspirations from contemporary graphic design and classic sci-fi and it is complemented by the driving electronic music and the sound design by Viennese musician Zanshin (http://affinerecords.com/artists/zanshin/).
It all started as a weekend prototype back in 2014. We set out to make a racing game inspired by Slipstream 5000. We enjoyed working on it and saw some potential, thus we continued to work on it on weekends and in our spare time. In late 2014 we entered it into two local competitions to be a finalist in one and to be a winner in the other. Having had the concept validated by the outcome of the two contests, we spent 2 months of full time work to finish a more decent prototype of the game and to refine the core mechanic. At this point the prototype already closely resambles the current game. We used this prototype to collect a lot of feedback and it was also the basis of our project funding application at the Vienna Business Agency, which was approved in fall 2015. With the funding approved we had everything to turn this little weekend project into a full blown console game release. We had a fabulous team, a nice office and a chrome-finished coffee machine. All that was left then was to found our own studio, Lost in the Garden, and to finish the game. The game is currently in late stages of development and will be released on home consoles in 2017.
- Crossover between classical arcade racing and flying.
- Complete freedom of motion yet easily controllable, Fly around freely but snap to any surface for more control and speed
- 7 different tracks in 3 environments (+ reverse tracks)
- 3 game modes (Race, Time Trial, Exploration Mode)
- Up to 4 player local splitscreen multiplayer
- Online multiplayer races and leaderboards
- Perform tricks by drifting and jumping
- Driving electronic IDM music and sound design by Viennese musician Zanshin
LIGHTFIELD platform reveal PS4 XB1 YouTube
LIGHTFIELD gameplay trailer YouTube
Time Trial Mode Preview: VERTICON 742 YouTube
Time Trial Mode Preview: SUNBEAM STATION YouTube
There are far more images available for Lightfield, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Indie Price, Winner Best Multiplayer" - Casual Connect, Berlin 2017
- "The MIX, official selection" - GDC, San Francisco 2017
- "Indie MEGABOOTH, official selection" - GDC, San Francisco 2017
- "ZIT content pitch, winner" - Vienna, Austria, 2014
- "SUBOTRON Live Pitch, finalist" - Vienna, Austria, 20 October, 2014
- "Lightfield is more than a Wipeout-style throwback"
- Graham Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun
This project was created with development funding from Vienna Business Agency
Vienna Business Agency viennabusinessagency.at.
About Lost in the Garden GmbH
We are an indipendent games studio in Vienna, Austria currently working on "Lightfield" a hyperfuturistic omnidirectional racing game, targeted at consoles for a launch in spring 2017.
More information on Lost in the Garden GmbH, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Production, Level Desing
Sound Design and Music