Lost in the Garden GmbH
Based in Vienna, Austria
LIGHTFIELD is a hyper futuristic racing game with a parkour twist. Drive on any surface including walls, tunnels and sci-fi architecture to piece together the fastest racing line. Only by mastering your anti-gravity spaceship and finding the best omnidirectional route can you race to the top. Play on your own, online, or with up to three friends on your sofa in split screen and perfect your racing line. Explore the worlds beyond the track boundaries and lose yourself in the aesthetics of the colorful environments, abstract level architecture and electronic music by Viennese musician Zanshin.
It all started as a weekend prototype back in 2014. We set out to make a racing game inspired by Slipstream 5000. We enjoyed working on it and saw some potential, thus we continued to work on it on weekends and in our spare time. In late 2014 we entered it into two local competitions to be a finalist in one and to be a winner in the other. Having had the concept validated by the outcome of the two contests, we spent 2 months of full time work to finish a more decent prototype of the game and to refine the core mechanic. At this point the prototype already closely resembles the current game. We used this prototype to collect a lot of feedback and it was also the basis of our project funding application at the Vienna Business Agency, which was approved in fall 2015. With the funding approved we had everything to turn this little weekend project into a full blown console game release. We had a fabulous team, a nice office and a chrome-finished coffee machine. All that was left then was to found our own studio, Lost in the Garden, and to finish the game. The game is currently in late stages of development and will be released on home consoles in 2017.
- Unique futuristic racing gameplay with a parkour twist
- 3 game modes (race, time trial, exploration mode)
- online multiplayer races and leaderboards
- up to 4 player local split screen mode
- stunning surreal futuristic visuals
- Perform tricks by drifting and jumping
- energetic electro soundtrack by Zanshin
LIGHTFIELD platform reveal PS4 XB1 YouTube
LIGHTFIELD 5 minutes of omnidirectional gameplay YouTube
There are far more images available for Lightfield, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Indie Price, Winner Best Multiplayer" - Casual Connect, Berlin 2017
- "The MIX, official selection" - GDC, San Francisco 2017
- "Indie MEGABOOTH, official selection" - GDC, San Francisco 2017
- "ZIT content pitch, winner" - Vienna, Austria, 2014
- "SUBOTRON Live Pitch, finalist" - Vienna, Austria, 20 October, 2014
- "This looks set to be a racer that will change the way you think of the genre."
- Andy Williams, Xbox One UK
- "Lightfield is more than a Wipeout-style throwback"
- Graham Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Racing games don't always have to be about who's the most skilled. Sometimes they can favor the most clever."
- Brett Makedonski, Destructoid
This project was created with development funding from Vienna Business Agency
Vienna Business Agency viennabusinessagency.at.
About Lost in the Garden GmbH
We are an indipendent games studio in Vienna, Austria currently working on "Lightfield" a hyperfuturistic omnidirectional racing game, targeted at consoles for a launch in spring 2017.
More information on Lost in the Garden GmbH, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Level Design, Technical Art, Production
Sound Design and Music